Située dans l'est de la Chine, le long du cours inférieur du Yangzi, Nankin est la capitale de la province du Jiangsu. C’est une métropole majeure de l'est de la Chine et l’une des mégalopoles du delta du Yangzi. La ville s'étend sur une superficie de plus de 6 600 km2 et compte 8,3 millions d’habitants.
Nankin est également une ville ancienne, dotée de richesse historique et d’une culture considérable. En effet, l’histoire de Nankin remonte à plus de 6 000 ans, dont près de 2 500 ans en tant que métropole et près de 500 ans en tant que capitale. Nankin abrite également le mur d'enceinte de la dynastie Ming le plus ancien au monde, ainsi que l’une des reliques les plus sacrées du monde bouddhiste, les restes du crâne de Bouddha Gautama. La ville abrite aussi le mausolée Ming Xiaoling, dernière demeure de l'empereur Hongwu qui fait partie des sites du patrimoine culturel mondial. Le brocart Yunjin de Nankin et les gravures Jinling ont été choisis pour figurer sur la Liste représentative du patrimoine culturel immatériel de l'humanité de l’UNESCO.
Nankin est une ville verte, avec une montagne et des ressources hydriques incomparables. Nankin est traversée par l’énorme Yang-Tsé et par le fleuve Qinhuai. Le lac Xuanwu et le paysage de la Montagne pourpre font également partie de son panorama. Ville écologique, Nankin dispose d'un parc forestier national. Son taux écologique s'élève à 45 %, avec 12 m2 d’espace vert par habitant. Les sycomores constituent la carte de visite verte de Nankin. À la fin de chaque automne, les rangées de sycomores qui relient le mausolée de Sun Yat-sen au palais de Meiling se rejoignent pour former « le plus beau collier du monde ».
Nankin est également une plaque tournante urbaine pourvue d’un réseau dense de liaisons routières, qui se déploie dans toutes les directions. Nankin dispose de tous les moyens de transport, notamment aériens, fluviaux, routiers et par pipeline. La gare de Nankin Sud est un important carrefour ferroviaire à grande vitesse en Chine. C’est également la plus grande gare ferroviaire d’Asie. Les 140 itinéraires aériens de l’aéroport international de Lukou desservent tout le pays, s’étendent vers l’Asie et assurent les correspondances vers l’Europe et l’Amérique. Cela en fait l’un des plus grands aéroports de la planète. Le port de Nankin est le plus grand port de transit fleuve-mer sur le Yang-Tsé. Avec son cours d’eau navigable en aval d’une profondeur de chenal de 12,5 mètres, il permet à des navires de 50 000 à 100 000 tonnes de transiter directement par Nankin.
Ville innovante, Nankin regorge de ressources scientifiques et éducatives. Elle occupe une position de premier plan en Chine par son nombre de talents en sciences et en éducation. La ville compte 53 universités et écoles supérieures, ce qui la place au troisième rang du classement national pour le nombre de ses universités de double première classe. Elle accueille plus de 80 universitaires membres de l’Académie des sciences chinoises et de l’Académie chinoise des sciences de l'ingénieur. Elle dénombre plus de 120 plateformes de recherche de niveau national, 840 000 étudiants et 59 brevets détenus par tranche de 10 000 personnes. Le supplément britannique à la revue « Nature » la place en douzième position de son classement des villes de recherche mondiale de 2018.
Nankin est également une ville moderne dotée d’une solide base industrielle. Son PIB s'élève à plus de mille milliards de RMB (133 milliards d'euros) et ses six industries (nouveaux écrans, Internet des objets, matériel d’information et de communication, réseau énergétique intelligent, nouveaux matériaux, conservation de l’énergie et protection de l'environnement) sont estimées à plus de 100 000 milliards de RMB (133 mille milliards d'euros) chacune. La ville possède le seul district de niveau national du Jiangsu, le Nouveau District de Jiangbei, trois zones d’aménagement de niveau national, 4 bases innovation et entrepreneuriat de niveau national, un grand nombre d’espaces d’innovation et d’entrepreneuriat, ainsi que 15 parcs de recherche approfondie high-tech. En 2018, 24 000 nouvelles entreprises de science et de technologie ont été créées et 340 000 nouveaux diplômés ont trouvé un emploi à Nankin.
Nankin est une ville ouverte dotée d’un excellent milieu entrepreneurial. À la fois ville carrefour de la nouvelle route de la soie, ville de départ sur la Ceinture économique du Yangzi et porte d'entrée de la Chine sur le monde, elle bénéficie d'une ouverture internationale et d'une position de choix pour le développement de ses entreprises. À l’heure actuelle, Nankin établit des liens économiques et commerciaux avec plus de 230 pays et régions et attire les investissements de plus de 100 entreprises du classement Fortune 500.
Par ailleurs, c'est une ville où il fait bon vivre, grâce à la présence de tous types de services. En effet, elle offre une vaste gamme d'établissements culturels, médicaux, commerciaux et autres, mais a aussi ouvert 10 lignes de métro léger sur une longueur totale de 378 kilomètres. Vivre à Nankin, c'est bénéficier d'une bonne qualité de vie et d'un sentiment de sécurité. Nankin était la deuxième ville à accueillir des Jeux Olympiques, après ceux qui se sont tenus à Pékin en 2008. Elle a effectivement accueilli de grands événements, comme les Jeux Olympiques de la jeunesse, les Championnats du monde de patinage et les Championnats du monde de badminton. Nankin est également connue sous le nom de « capitale de la fraternité ». On y perçoit toujours de la fraternité et de la générosité, peu importe d'où l'on vient. C'est une ville où tout le monde se sent inclus.
En ce moment, Nankin applique vigoureusement une stratégie de développement axée sur l’innovation, qui vise à construire une ville innovante au rayonnement mondial. Ainsi, des centres de recherche approfondie, des centres d’innovation technologique et industrielle voient le jour. La ville travaille également à un écosystème d'innovation de première classe. C’est avec grand plaisir que nous invitons les entreprises, les institutions, ainsi que les talents innovants de toutes sortes à découvrir Nankin, à accorder une attention toute particulière à cette ville et à s’y attacher, afin de partager les bienfaits de l’innovation et de bâtir un avenir meilleur.
Située dans l'est de la Chine, le long du cours inférieur du Yangzi, Nankin est la capitale de la province du Jiangsu. C’est une métropole majeure de l'est de la Chine et l’une des mégalopoles du delta du Yangzi. La ville s'étend sur une superficie de plus de 6 600 km2 et compte 8,3 millions d’habitants.
11. Optimize the environment for talent development. Compile talent maps for leading industries, increase efforts to flexibly attract and use talents overseas, and encourage enterprises to build “talent enclaves” globally. Optimize and adjust the policy of rewarding high-level talents for scientific and technological contributions, and increase the rewards for foreign high-end talents that are in short supply in the industry. Explore the use of social evaluations such as salary, equity dividends, and employment experience as important criteria for identifying talents. For key enterprises that are in line with the direction of the city’s leading industries, talents are recommended based on economic contributions. Members of key talents teams can exceptionally enjoy relevant talent service policies. Accelerate the increase in the physical supply of talent housing, and optimize the allocation of talent housing in multiple levels and ways. Encourage enterprises to increase investment in employee education, and reward those that have achieved remarkable results in implementing the pre-tax deduction policy for employee education expenses. The city-level processing time for residence permits and work permits for foreign high-end talents can be shortened to 5 working days. Accurately provide cultural and sports consumption benefits and convenient services for innovative and entrepreneurial talents. Establish green channels for specialists to seek medical treatment at designated hospitals with conditions. Deeply promote the direct settlement of medical expenses for outpatient clinics across the Yangtze River Delta, and include flexible employment talents in the settlement scope.12. Strengthen financial services support. Encourage the establishment of new incubators for incubating venture capital entities (including funds, venture capital institutions, and angel investors), and support them on a “one case, one discussion” basis. Vigorously develop digital finance, and promote the development of digital asset registration and settlement platforms and digital inclusive financial integration service platforms. Explore the establishment of cross-border equity investment funds, and promote institutional investors such as overseas angel capital and venture capital to invest in science and technology enterprises in Nanjing. Promote the development of fund gathering areas such as the Golden Fish Mouth Fund Block and the Yangtze River International Fund Block, and build a highland for technology financial services. Increase the direct investment of science and technology funds in seed-stage, start-up stage, and growth-stage technology-based enterprises. Establish a synergy mechanism between angel funds, science and technology funds, and industrial funds, strengthen the linkage of urban funds, and form a joint investment force. Encourage technology companies to issue financing needs through the integrated financial service platform, and guide financial institutions to increase precision support. Use innovative support methods such as “Nanjing Innovation and Entrepreneurship Loan”, sub-loan funds, and policy guarantees to provide financing services to technology companies.
In order to thoroughly implement Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era and the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, execute the initiative made by the CPC Jiangsu Provincial Committee for leading the nation in achieving high-quality development and the "121" strategy made by the CPC Nanjing Municipal Committee for innovation-driven development, focus on innovation with market-oriented, higher-end, internationalized, integrated, clustering, and rule-of-law features, adhere to strategic guidance, strengthen the driving force for reform, remove institutional obstacles, structural contradictions and policy issues for innovation-based development, and to deepen the building of a famous innovative city, the following policies and measures are hereby promulgated on the basis of continuous implementation of Several Policies and Measures on Building Famous Innovative City with Global Impact (NWF  No. 1).
1. Building "Scientific Innovation Enterprise Forests". Nanjing will implement a three-year enterprise-multiplication plan tobuild more innovative leading enterprises. It will intensify the efforts on cultivating and introducing high-tech and new-tech enterprises by offering technology-based small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that have entered the provincial collection of high-tech and new-tech enterprises a one-time reward in the amount of 10% of the previous year's research and development expenses of the enterprise as recognized by the municipal taxation authorities on the basis of weighted tax deduction for R&D expenses. For the technologically advanced service enterprises identified by the provincial authorities, a one-time reward of RMB 500,000 yuan will be given. The city will make full use of Shanghai Science and Technology Innovation Board to build a group of high-growth enterprises such as Gazelle Enterprises. Enterprises listed on the Science and Technology Innovation Boardwill be given a one-time grant of RMB 3 million yuan. The promotion and recommendation catalogue of innovative products willbe improved to optimize the types and quantities of innovative products included in the catalogue, and to provide certain amount of risk compensation and premium subsidies for purchasers of the innovative products in the catalogue, so as to increase the promotion and demonstration of such produces within the Nanjing Metropolitan Area. The city will encourage large and medium-sized enterprises and SMEs as well as micro enterprises with science and technology features to form a consortium to participate in government procurement of innovative products. The joint agreement stipulates that in the event that the contract payment for products from SMEs and micro enterprises account for more than 30% of the total contract payment of the consortium agreement, 2% - 3% of the price can be deducted for the consortium. When the enterprise is approved to be national or provincial R&D platform, one-time reward of RMB 2 million yuanor RMB 1 million yuan will be awarded respectively. For the start-up science and technology enterprises, "innovation vouchers" will be given on an all-covering basis for the purchase of inspection and testing, technical certification, qualification certification and other services.
2. Broadening the financing channels for enterprises. The first phase of the industry merger and acquisition fund of RMB 1 billion yuan will be set up to support enterprises in increasing their M&A efforts to be stronger and larger entities. The registered capital of Nanjing Zijin Financing Guarantee Co., Ltd. will be increased toRMB 1 billion yuan, so as to increase the financing guarantee ability for science and technology enterprises, and to guide banks to increase the scale of credit loans for science and technology SMEs. The role of the city's science and technology innovation fund will be maximized to establish subordinate levelAngel Fund in collaboration with corporate funds and social capital. It can provide credit support for fund management institutions to raise funds by making initial investment. For qualified natural persons giving Angel Fund support for small and micro enterprises, they are eligible for a reward amounting to 5% of their annual investment in Nanjing with a maximum of RMB 2 million yuan. A risk compensation mechanism will be in place. Insurance funds will be supported to participate in innovation and entrepreneurship, with 50% of insurance premium subsidy offered to start-up and growing science and technology enterprises that have purchased loan guarantee insurance. 1.5% subsidy will be given to insurance companies undertaking pilot programs according to the size of the newly added guarantee insurance for expanding loans in the same year. Credit rating agencies with higher market credibility will be introduced; municipal-level credit rating agencies will be established to provide credit support for corporate financing.
3. Enabling enterprises to gather and retain talents. Centering on various municipal-level talent plans for industrial development, the original talent reviewing system will be gradually shifted to a comprehensive evaluation system mainly based on corporate compensation, venture capital investment, operational performance, famous list of best practices, and expert recommendations. Rewards for economic contribution made by higher-level talents will be expanded to cover science and technology enterprises. Enterprises are supported to set up academician workstations, expert studios and other talent positions to focus more on key and core technology researches, and make more efforts to introduce higher-level innovation teams, with a maximum one-time grant of RMB 3 million yuan. Support will be increased for "middle-level" talents by optimizing the chain of training for young and middle-aged talents in enterprises, andby increasing the coverage and scale of support on an annual basis. The housing subsidy for talents with doctoral degrees will be increased to RMB 2,000 yuan per month. There will be more housing support for talents by implementing the "rental first, purchase later, or rental-purchase combination" practice to allow qualified talents who have rented the housing for five years to make purchases.
4. Building professional service system. Scientific and technical personnel from universities and other public institutions can set up new types of technology transfer service organizations with individual persons (teams) asmajor shareholders. A maximum of one-time grant of RMB 300,000 yuan can be given after filing for approval. It is encouraged to establish technical broker firms. For the scientific and technological achievements transferred or industrialized in Nanjing, a maximum of 5% of the actual turnover of the technical contract can be used as reward for the receiver of the transfer, and 1% for the transfer broker. Cultivating base for the backbone science and technology service providers will be built, and qualified institutions will be rewarded for their performances. Exploration will be made to find the new types of services suitable for different industries, such as tax collection and management, social security collection, market supervision and access control. Priority will be given to the building of a number of platform-based technology service enterprises. To promote the higher-end development of science and technology service industry, the eligible service items with higher degree of specialization and continuity of service consistency, with a purchase less than RMB 2 million yuan,can be purchased from a single source. A maximum of one-time grant of RMB 5 million yuan will be offered to the accredited science and technology service industry clusters and characteristic bases at or above provincial level. Support will be given to the establishment of the Nanjing Federation of Innovation Service Industry.
5. Implementing industrial landmark action plan on a higher vantage point. Focusing on the "4+4+1" leading direction of industrial development, the advantages of differentiation will be highlighted. The deep integration of advanced manufacturing and modern service industries will be accelerated, with focuson building industrial clusters of artificial intelligence, integrated circuits, new energy vehicles, etc., and striving to build independent and controllable industrial supporting system. For major industrial projects with newly introduced investment exceeding RMB 2.5 billionyuan, the"one case, one solution" approach will be adopted to give priority support in terms of land use, talents, funds and other key factors. The land area and construction area of administrative offices and living service facilities may be increased if considered as appropriate by the municipal government. For national and provincial manufacturing innovation centers and industrial design centers, the supporting fund can be given on the 1:1 ratio in accordance with the funds allocated. The municipal-level investment reward and compensation fund for improving enterprises’ technology equipment will be put in place to support enterprises in making major common –meta-technology applications, technological renovations, equipment upgrades, and purchasing digital and intelligent equipment. The development strategy for the Yangtze River Economic Belt will be implemented to support the transformation of the "two steel-producing enterprises and the two chemical-producing enterprises", and to continuously cultivate new industrial economic growth points.
6. Starting major and special science and technology projects at a higher level. By focusing on the industry's frontier fields, the city will endeavor to strengthen the research and development of key and core technologies in the industry, produce a number of original and iconic scientific and technological innovations, and to seize the commanding heights in industrial and technological competition. The city will support industry leaders and key enterprises to propose demands for major frontier technology and organize joint research programs by giving them funding amounting to 20% of their total investment with a maximum of RMB 10 million yuan. By striving to be included in the provincial plans, the city is exploring how to establish direct investment mechanism for municipal science and technology innovation funds. For enterprises undertaking or participating in major original research projects at the province level, they will receive 1:1 supporting funds in accordance withthe provincial finance.
7. Building major R&D platforms with higher standards. By focusing on industrial landmarks, the city will explore how to build Industrial Collaboration and Innovation Academy, strengthen interdisciplinary cooperation and personnel training, and provide a maximum of RMB 5 million yuan in support based on its performance. The city will focus on the national development strategy and major demands, strengthen the top-players’coupling, and offer a maximum of RMB 30 million yuan during the cultivating period to candidate projects topping the list of national key science and technology infrastructure projects for the 13th and 14th Five-year Plan period. The city will accelerate the construction of future network testing facilities, launch and implement a number of application demonstration projects, and promote the application of future networks in the field of industrial Internet. It will promote the building of Purple Mountain Laboratory for Network Communication and Security, explore the operational mode for leading enterprises to make preemptive participation in research and development, and establish a management system for "special zone for scientific research"based on market operation. The city will be among the first to set up specialized industrial technology research institutes in the field of environmental protection, so as to support the building of the Yangtze River Ecological Civilization Innovation Center, and strive to build a national-level innovation center integrating scientific research, engineering and industrialization. The state-level clinical medical research centers in the cultivation process will receive a maximum of RMB 10 million yuan in three years.
8. Developing new research and development institutions with higher quality. The city will support new R&D institutions to employ professional managers, who are eligible for performance rewarding with returns generated from state-owned platform shareholding. The Municipal Science and Technology Innovation Fund supports new R&D institutions to establish sub-funds to accelerate the incubation of technology enterprises and the transformation of research achievements. The city supports leading enterprises to take leading position in the building of new R&D institutions; the participating parties negotiate to determine the shareholding ratio. The city supports the development of clustering of new R&D institutions, closely follow the key directions of industrial landmarks, set up industrial technology research institutes in specialized fields, organize common-core technical research and industrial strategy consultation services, and build public technology service platforms, engineering research platforms and proof-of-concept centers. According to the annual performance evaluation, a maximum of RMB 5 million yuan will be offered as support. The city will facilitate the combination between new R&D institutions and professional technology trading platforms. It supports the new R&D institutions to establish close cooperative relations with the top-notch disciplines of supporting organizations, so as to enhance the application of basic research and development capabilities and the supply of original technology, allowing them to become important platforms for talent training and technological transfer. The city will guide high-tech industrial parks to focus on new R&D institutions, vigorously attract industry-chain-related enterprises, gather alumni and other resources, and accelerate the formation of special industrial innovation clusters. The city will optimize the performance evaluation mechanism of new R&D institutions, focus on evaluating the number of incubation of technology-based enterprises and high-tech enterprises, the effectiveness of R&D services, and the volume of technology transfer. The relevant support policies are linked to these evaluation results.
9. Implementinginternational innovation cooperation programs. The city will set up intergovernmental research and development cooperation funds, establish catalogue of international innovation cooperation programs, strive to establish cooperative innovation parks with partners countries or regions, support high-tech parks to build overseas collaborative innovation centers, and strengthen innovative cooperation with important overseas innovation organizations, major countries and portal cities. The city will participate in activities of international organizations such as the World Federation of Science and Technology Cities, and strive to join more international innovation organizations to facilitate cooperation among different cities. Enterprises and new R&D institutions will be supported to join international organizations dedicated to international scientific research, international industrial technology research and development, and international standards development. A maximum of one-time grant of RMB 500,000 yuanwill be provided for higher-level academic conference organized by international organizations in Nanjing; if the eventis regularly or permanently held in Nanjing, within the first three years of operation, the city will cover 30% of the expenditure without exceeding the maximum of RMB 500,000 yuanfor each year; for enterprises or social organizations that undertake the work of the secretariat of the innovation-orientedinternational organization committee, the secretariat of the sub-level technical committee or the working group,they will receive a maximum one-time grant of RMB 1 million yuan, RMB 800,000 yuanor RMB 500,000 yuan respectively. The city will increase the support for offshore technology business incubators, and provide one-time reward ofRMB 1 million yuanmaximumbased on performances in running business and recruiting talents in Nanjing. The city willactively seek for support fromChina’s overseas institutions and overseas Chinese community to help enterprises gather overseas innovative resources. The city will respond to and implement the national "Belt and Road" Initiative to makeaction plans for scientific and technological innovation cooperation, set up supporting project funds, and build international innovation cooperation centers. An international innovation advisory system shall be put in place. The city will organize Nanjing Innovation Week events to build an international outreach platform for acquiring comprehensive innovation resources.
10. Strengthening the support with international conditions. The city will guide enterprises and other market entities to actively adapt to international rules and standards, and improve local laws and governmental rules and regulations in line with international practices. The hospitals that implement direct settlement operations using international commercial insurance policies will be given subsidies amounting to 50% of the overseas certification fees. Qualified hospitals can be included into medical service units for international talents. In the city's third-grade class-A hospitals and other qualified institutions,the city will gradually establish bilingual call centers medical treatment centers and other service centers. In areas where conditions permit, the city will raise funds for international talents’ housing through market-based deposit. The city will carry out "one-card" pilot program for foreign talent services, and establish special channels for housing, school enrollment and health care services. For those who meet the criteria for the identification of higher-level foreign talents in Jiangsu Province and their families, they can apply for permanent residence ID, and the reviewing process by municipal authorities shall not exceed 20 working days. The city will coordinate and optimize the direct investment foreign exchange registration procedures with banking and financial institutions, and promote the facilitation for overseas direct investment by enterprises that truly comply with relevant laws and regulations. The city will establish a comprehensive service platform for overseas students, support and encourage foreign students in Nanjing to innovate and start businesses. The city will promote the experience of reform program of the Pilot Free Trade Zone, and comprehensively apply innovation results such as supervision system, customs clearance, talent mechanism, investment and trade policies to create business environmentfeaturing internationalization, rule of law, and convenience.
11. Promoting regional innovation integration. Nanjing willimplement the Yangtze River Delta integration strategy, actively participate in the building of innovation network for Yangtze River Delta urban agglomeration, vigorously promote the inter-city innovative resources sharing; actively promote the building of G42 innovation corridor, create a gathering vantage point for new industries and new business models; accelerate the promotion of innovative service integration, achieve comprehensive collection of credit information, and break regional management restrictions. The city will accelerate the integration of the Nanjing Metropolitan Area, and promote the inter-city coordinated purchase and subsidy for independently developed innovative products. Nanjing will support Jiangbei New Area to focus on the strategic orientation of "Three Districts and One Platform" and the development orientation of "Two cities and One Center", actively implement and seek for various national and provincial pilot policies, try new approaches in the areas of intellectual property protection and new R&D institutions, and strive to build major science and technology platforms at or above provincial level. It willaccelerate the building of the core area of the National Independent Innovation Demonstration Zone in Southern Jiangsu, explore how to deepen the reform of the science and technology system, how to build new scientific research institutions, how to achieve open and shared scientific and technological resources, and how to coordinate regional innovation efforts, build a national "innovation test field", and create globalized collaborative innovation"highland" with international competitiveness.
12. Promotingin-depth integration between universities and local government. Nanjing will encourage the cooperation between different universities, between universities and research institutions, and between universities and enterprises in areas of top-notch disciplines, talent training, and sharing of scientific research equipment, so as to achieve integration of resources, superposition of advantages, and coordinated innovation in Nanjing. The city will encourage universities and enterprises to jointly set up talent customization laboratories, establish a new educational mechanism for undergraduates and graduate students in the "3+1" or "2+1" modes, where the enterprises participate in offering curriculum for the last academic year to train talents urgently demanded by the industry. Nanjing will vigorously develop the "Alumni Economy", establish Nanjing Alliance of Alumni Associations, and support the exchange and cooperation platform for famous universities at home and abroad in the building of "Alumni Home" in Nanjing. The city will promote the joint effort in building talent recruitment network by high-tech parks in Nanjing in conjunction with alumni organizations of domestic universities and overseas student organizations in world-famous universities around the world. Based on the performance of talent recruitment, a maximum of RMB 500,000 yuan will be given as incentive reward. Nanjing will support universities to establish alumni development funds, and carry out "Alumni Investment" programs and other services.
13. Promotingintegration between military and civilian organizations. Nanjing will accelerate the military-civilian integration and coordinated innovation, and give priority support in project landing and filing approval to new R&D institutions that are in line with the development direction of military-civilian integration. The city will promote the development of clustering for military and civilian dual-use industries. For the relevant districts (parks) that have obtained status of military-civilian integration innovation demonstration zones and military-civilian integration industry demonstration bases at or above provincial level, a maximum one-time support of RMB 2 million yuan will be given. Nanjing will encourage enterprises to obtain relevant qualifications for research and production of military products, and reward RMB 300,000 yuan on a one-time basis for each newly qualified enterprise. The city will encourage private enterprises to participate in military R&D and production and major technical support for the military. For enterprises that provide key and core technologies, independent and controllable products, and major technical services for the military, they will receive a reward amounting to 10% of the equipment development project contract (maximum RMB 3 million yuan) or 2% of contract payment for major technical service procurement projects (maximum RMB 1 million yuan). For major demonstration projects of military-civilian integration supported at state or provincial level, a maximum of RMB 2 million yuanor RMB 1 million yuan will be provided as supporting funds.
14. Reforming the operational mechanism of the high-tech parks. Nanjing will establish new management system for "One Zone and Multiple Parks" in Nanjing High-tech Zone, and implement unified policies, management standards and statistical systems. It will give the high-tech park the same economic management authority as authorized to local administrations. The city will study and formulate relevant policies and measures to promote the building of partner parks. A unified system will be established for the park to conduct investment reviewing meetings and share benefits. The city will intensify the assessment of R&D investment, higher-level business cultivation, higher-level investment and output, invention patents, etc., and put in place an assessment system that is conducive to the industrial agglomeration and characteristic development of the park. The city will promote the reform of the personnel employment system for high-tech parks, try the new practice of separating cadre level from employment position, separating filed salary from actual compensations, and separating cadre personnel file management from contract employment management, and realize the alignment between salary and performance targets. Nanjing willsupport the building of national-level agricultural high-tech industry demonstration zones andnational-level "Agricultural Innovation Parks", where policies can be made for individual cases. The city willincrease support for strategic science and technology projects in the rural revitalization programs.
15. Improving the quality of the building of innovation and entrepreneurship carriers. Nanjing willpromote the transformation of state-owned technology business incubators and accelerators, introduce social capital and market operations, and strengthen the investment function of incubators and accelerators. It will encourage enterprises and venture capital institutions to establish and operate specialized incubators, accelerators, and crowd-innovation space, and accelerate the introduction and construction of international technology business incubators. The city will explore how to jointly establish business incubator funds by combining municipal industrial funds, technical innovation funds and incubator funds, and how to improve the operation mode of "incubation + venture capital". For companies identified as "Gazelles" during the incubation period, the incubator carrier is rewarded RMB 200,000 yuanfor each successful case. Nanjing will establish a follow-up rewarding system for cultivating "Gazelle"enterprises. For enterprises recognized as "Gazelles" within 3 years after graduation and at least 1 year in incubator, the incubator carrier will be rewarded with RMB 200,000 yuan for each successful case; for listed enterprises recognized as "Gazelles" within 5 years after graduation and at least 1 year in incubator, the incubator carrier will be rewarded with RMB 300,000 yuan for each successful case. For national or provincial innovation and entrepreneurship demonstration bases, a reward of RMB 2 million yuanmaximum will be given based on performances.
16. Building urban"Silicon Alleys". Nanjing will vigorously develop the "Silicon Alley Economy", tap potential from lower-efficiency carriers and lower-efficiency areas to innovate the urban industrial economic development model. It will encourage qualified districts to use the available land around the universities in city proper to build special innovation neighborhood together with universities featuring scientific and technological innovation and cultural creativity, promote the transformation and upgrading of the lower-efficiency carriers in the neighborhood, and plan for lifestyle servicesalong the alleys in line with the needs of innovation and entrepreneurship. Nanjing will support universities to use the available buildings on their old campus and locations as well as university science parks to conduct innovative and entrepreneurial business activities; the annual rental of land use can be reduced or exempted. Nanjing will unify the benchmark land price policy for scientific research land use in municipal high-tech parks. When the incubators built for high-tech parks (platforms) plan to introduce incubation projects without changing the purposes of the incubator, the location can be leased or transferred upon approval as a whole building, a whole floor or as an individual room. Nanjing will further explore new industrial land use policies, support multi-dimensional development and comprehensive utilization, promote the integration of manufacturers and the city, revitalize lower-efficiency industrial land, develop emerging industries, and build innovative carriers.
17. Creating a social atmosphere that inspires innovation. Nanjing will give full play to the guiding role of government funds, reform and establish a science and technology planning system that is compatible with the building of famous innovative city. It will develop comprehensive services for intellectual property protection, and introduce international intellectual property service agencies. IPR assistance funds will be set up to strengthen the centralized jurisdiction of intellectual property across regions. The city will accelerate the implementation of pilot programs for national intellectual property operation service system, and provide 1:1 supporting funds in accordance with the national allocation. It will comprehensively improve the efficiency of registration of chattel mortgage, equity and trademark rights pledge, and facilitate the quick financing for enterprises. Nanjing will coordinate and integrate different types of innovation and entrepreneurship competitions in the city, build the brand of "Winning in Nanjing" entrepreneurial competition, and set up a competition fund with social capital to support the winning projects. It will implement the culture, science and technology integration and upgrading plan to create a new model of "culture + technology" development in Nanjing. It will also develop the model of "Internet + innovation culture", reform publicity channels, so that the city's public advertising for building famous innovative city will be at or above 30% of the total volume of public advertising. Nanjing will plan and build the Nanjing Science and Technology Innovation Museum, which will be a new landmark of Nanjing's innovative culture.
18. Strengthening the institutional guarantee featuring tolerance for failures. The city will strengthenfinancial support for the failure tolerance, improve assessment mechanism, and mainly evaluate the scale of social capital investment and the number of investment projects in Nanjing in terms of sub-level Angel Fund and Angel Fund projects with state-owned venture capital investment. The city will provide financial services featuring failure tolerance, encourage financial institutions to appropriately raise the tolerance level for non-performing loan ratios for technology-based SMEs, and to implement differentiated credit management. The city will establish failure-tolerating performance evaluation system to highlight the orientation of incentives for entrepreneurship. In the event of certaindeviations or mistakes in the process of reform and innovation, if there is no evidence of violation of CPC rules and disciplines or violation of laws and regulations, and if the responsible person or entity shows due diligence and timely correction with no personal interests involved, no negative evaluation shall be given, and the person or entity can be exempt from accountability, or handled with lighter penalty. The city will improve the credit support system, embed credit management tools in all aspects of administrative management and public services, increase the effort of joint credit rewards and punishments, promote the application of big data technology in credit analysis, and encourage integrity and diligent performance by means of credit constraints.