Nanjing, die Hauptstadt der Provinz Jiangsu, liegt im Osten von China am Unterlauf des Jangtse-Flusses. Die Stadt ist ein bedeutendes urbanes Zentrum in Ostchina und eine der Megastädte des Jangtse-Deltas. Sie erstreckt sich über eine Fläche von 6600 Quadratkilometern und hat 8,3 Millionen Einwohner.
Nanjing ist eine historisch bedeutende Stadt mit einer langen Geschichte und einer tiefgreifenden eigenen Kultur. Der Ort blickt auf über 6000 Jahre Zivilisation zurück, davon fast 2500 Jahre als Stadt und fast 500 Jahre als Hauptstadt. Nanjing besitzt darüber hinaus die längste erhaltene Stadtmauer aus der Ming-Dynastie und die heiligste Reliquie der buddhistischen Welt – die Überreste des Schädels von Gautama Buddha. Die Stadt beherbergt auch das Grab des Kaisers Zhu Yuanzhang, eine UNESCO-Weltkulturerbestätte. Nanjings Yunjin-Brokat und Jinling-Holzschnitt wurden zudem für das UNESCO-Verzeichnis des immateriellen Kulturerbes ausgewählt.
Nanjing ist eine grüne Stadt mit einzigartigen Bergen und Wasserflächen. Der riesige Jangtse und der schöne Qinhuai-Fluss durchfließen die Stadt, während der Xuanwu-See und die landschaftlich schönen Zijin-Berge ebenfalls als Naherholungsgebiete dienen. Nanjing ist eine nationale Waldstadt und nationale Ökologiestadt mit einer Begrünungsrate von 45 % und über 12 Quadratmetern Grünfläche pro Einwohner. Platanenbäume sind Nanjings grüne Visitenkarte. Jedes Jahr im Spätherbst bilden die Reihen von Platanen um das Mausoleum von Sun Yat-sen und den saphirgleichen Meiling-Palast die „schönste Halskette der Welt“.
Gleichzeitig ist Nanjing ein Drehkreuz mit umfangreichen Verkehrsverbindungen in alle Richtungen. Die Stadt bietet umfassende Transportmöglichkeiten von Luft, Bahn, Wasser und Straße bis hin zu Pipelines. Der Südbahnhof von Nanjing ist ein wichtiger chinesischer Knotenpunkt für Schnellzüge und der größte Bahnhof in Asien. Der internationale Flughafen von Lukou bietet 140 Strecken nach ganz China und Asien und Verbindungen mit Europa und Amerika. Dies macht ihn zu einem der großen Flughäfen der Welt. Der Hafen von Nanjing ist der größte Fluss-Meer-Transithafen am Jangtse. Die Fahrrinne flussabwärts hat eine Tiefe von 12,5 Metern, sodass Schiffe mit einem Gewicht von 50 000 bis 100 000 Tonnen direkt in Nanjing anlegen können.
Nanjing ist eine Stadt der Innovation mit reichen Wissenschafts- und Bildungsressourcen. Der wissenschaftliche und akademische Talentpool der Stadt verleiht ihr eine führende Position in China. Nanjing besitzt 53 Universitäten und Colleges und die drittmeisten „doppelt erstklassigen Universitäten“ in China. Über 80 Akademiker der Stadt sind Teil der Chinesischen Akademie der Wissenschaften bzw. der Chinesischen Akademie der Ingenieurwissenschaften. Darüber hinaus hat Nanjing 120 Forschungsplattformen auf Landesebene, 840 000 Studenten und 59 Patente pro 10 000 Einwohner. In der Liste der weltweiten Forschungsstädte der britischen Fachzeitschrift Nature belegte Nanjing 2018 den 12. Platz.
Nanjing ist auch eine moderne Stadt mit einem starken industriellen Fundament. Nanjing hat ein BIP von über einer Billion RMB und die sechs Industriezweige neue Displays, Internet der Dinge, Informations- und Kommunikationsgeräte, intelligentes Stromnetz, neue Materialien sowie Energieeinsparung und Umweltschutz werden jeweils auf über 100 Milliarden RMB geschätzt. Nanjing verfügt über das in Jiangsu einzigartige neue Jiangbei-Viertel sowie über drei Entwicklungszonen auf Landesebene, vier „Innovations- und Unternehmerbasen“ auf Landesebene, zahlreiche Orte für Innovation und Unternehmertum und 15 großangelegte Hi-Tech-Forschungsparks. 2018 wurden 24 000 neue Wissenschafts- und Technologieunternehmen gegründet und 340 000 Hochschulabsolventen fanden in Nanjing eine Anstellung.
Nanjing ist eine offene Stadt mit einem hervorragenden Umfeld für Unternehmen. Als „One Belt, One Road“-Knotenpunkt, als Tor zum Wirtschaftsgürtel am Jangtse und als Vorreiter von Chinas Öffnung für die Außenwelt bietet Nanjing überaus günstige, offene und angenehme Bedingungen. Derzeit unterhält Nanjing Wirtschafts- und Handelsbeziehungen mit über 230 Ländern und Regionen und hat Investitionen von über 100 „Fortune 500“-Unternehmen angezogen.
Darüber hinaus ist Nanjing auch eine sehr lebenswerte Stadt mit allen erdenklichen Dienstleistungen. Neben einem umfassenden Angebot von kulturellen, medizinischen, gewerblichen und sonstigen Einrichtungen hat Nanjing 10 Stadtbahnlinien mit einem 378 km langen Streckennetz eröffnet. Das Leben ist angenehm und sicher. Nanjing war nach den Spielen von Beijing im Jahr 2008 die zweite Olympiastadt Chinas. Hier wurden bedeutende Veranstaltungen wie die Olympischen Jugendspiele, die Eiskunstlauf-Weltmeisterschaften und die Badminton-Weltmeisterschaften ausgetragen. Nanjing ist auch als „Hauptstadt der Brüderlichkeit“ bekannt. Egal woher man kommt, spürt man in Nanjing die Brüderlichkeit, Großzügigkeit und Aufnahmebereitschaft der Einwohner.
Derzeit arbeitet Nanjing intensiv an der Umsetzung einer innovationsbasierten Entwicklungsstrategie, die eine innovative Stadt mit globalem Einfluss etablieren soll. Die Stadt baut umfangreiche Wissenschaftszentren und Zentren für technologische und industrielle Innovation. Sie arbeitet auch an einem erstklassigen Ökosystem für Innovationen. Wir laden alle innovativen Unternehmen, Institutionen und Talente ein, mehr über Nanjing zu erfahren, die Entwicklung der Stadt zu verfolgen, Verbindungen mit ihr zu knüpfen und an den Vorteilen der Innovation und dem Aufbau einer besseren Zukunft teilzuhaben.
Nanjing, die Hauptstadt der Provinz Jiangsu, liegt im Osten von China am Unterlauf des Jangtse-Flusses. Die Stadt ist ein bedeutendes urbanes Zentrum in Ostchina und eine der Megastädte des Jangtse-Deltas. Sie erstreckt sich über eine Fläche von 6600 Quadratkilometern und hat 8,3 Millionen Einwohner.
Nanjing, die Hauptstadt der Provinz Jiangsu, liegt im Osten von China am Unterlauf des Jangtse-Flusses. Die Stadt ist ein bedeutendes urbanes Zentrum in Ostchina und eine der Megastädte des Jangtse-Deltas. Sie erstreckt sich über eine Fläche von 6600 Quadratkilometern und hat 8,3 Millionen Einwohner.
To carry out the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China and Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era and implement the requirements of the provincial Party committee for advancing new practices of “focusing on innovating and enriching people to build a moderately prosperous society at a high level in all respects” and accelerating the construction of new Jiangsu with “strong economy, affluent people, beautiful environment and high degree of civilization”; to cultivate and gather a group of well-known colleges, institutes, enterprises, elites and parks, and build a comprehensive science center, technology industry innovation center and first-class innovative ecosystem and construct a famous city for innovation with global influence according to the deployment of the municipal Party committee for the implementation of the innovation-driven strategy of “construction of one famous city, two centers and one system” and for the promotion of high quality development, the following policies and measures are hereby proposed:
I. Prioritizing the strategic technologies. To set up special projects for major innovation of science and technology, to stress on the construction for major national science and technology infrastructure, national laboratories and national research centers, to offer a policy of “one solution for one case” and special support for the platforms of particularly significant scientific and technological innovation and multidisciplinary research, to establish Council for the Construction Nanjing into Famous City of Innovation and Expert Consultation Committee, to support colleges and institutions in Nanjing to participate in international comprehensive science programs or projects with an award of at most 20% of an international fund, and the total amount less than RMB 10,000,000, to assist colleges and institutions in Nanjing for major projects of national science and technology and programs of national key R&D with as much the local support as possible, to aid enterprises in Nanjing to participate in or undertake national science and technology major projects with the fund in the proportion of 1:1 of the actual amount received from national projects allocation, to set up municipal major science and technology projects for artificial intelligence, big data, bioscience and other frontier domains as well as science and technology for people’s livelihood for the significant requirement of economic and social development of Nanjing, especially the people’s livelihood demand.
II. Emphasizing the coordinating development of the famous city with well-known colleges and institutions. To strengthen the bidirectional integration between the well-known colleges and institutions and the local government by setting up a coordinating development platform, matching the innovation achievements of colleges and institutions with the local innovation needs. Colleges and institutions are encouraged, according to the economic and social development needs of Nanjing, to establish new R&D institutions with their advantageous disciplines and national platforms, around the leading industry setting up and developing urgently-needed specialties and cultivate talents in short supply to realize the integration of industry, education and research. At most RMB 100,000,000 is awarded for the cooperation with international famous colleges to establish feature institutes and high-end service institutions in Nanjing. Support, At most RMB 30,000,000 is awarded for domestic or foreign R&D institutions and well-known multinational corporations to settle in Nanjing or set up R&D institutions in Nanjing. Purple Mountain Science and Technology Innovation Foundation will be established to raise social funds for science and technology innovation activities. The Purple Mountain Scientists International Summit will be held regularly.
III. Bettering environment for the arrival of scientific and technological achievements and new R&D institutions. New ways will be explored to make easy for transformation of scientific and technological achievements to attract more arrival of scientific and technological achievements and new R&D institutions. New R&D institutions are encouraged to establish an ownership structure where talents (groups) hold a majority stake and the rest can be shared by the governmental science and technology innovation foundation, investment platform and social capital participates; no less than 30% of the government’s return on equity is used to award colleges and institutions, and even shares of the governmental science and technology innovation foundation and investment platform can be transferred to them according to the agreement. An award of as much as RMB 5,000,000 is scheduled to give to each new R&D institution every year on the basis of their performance., An award of as much as RMB 10,000,000 will be granted to introduced domestic and foreign famous corporate headquarters, regional headquarters in the science and technology service industry as well as institutions (enterprises) with independent legal status according to the total amount of investment and service efficiency. Corporate headquarters and their affiliated agencies, executing chain operation, of science and technology service enterprises are allowed to handle the industrial and commercial registration and business approval formalities in the municipal departments. Branch center of the provincial technology property right transaction market is welcome to set up in Nanjing and at most RMB 1,000,000 in one lump sum will be given as an award. Establish an international technology transfer special fund to introduce international advanced technologies, achievements and projects. A certain percentage will be awarded for those whose income of transfer and transformation of scientific and technological achievements is more than RMB 500,000 according to their contributions to local economy. Give an award at the rate of 2% of the technology trading volume registered and recognized in the annual contract, at most RMB 500,000 will be awarded to any technology transfer office facilitating the transformation of scientific and technological achievements to enterprises in Nanjing, mainly to the teams making outstanding contributions in technology transfer.
IV. Developing innovative industrial clusters energetically. The fund allocated for national or provincial projects will be offered as a common support in the proportion of 1:1 to high-tech zones and enterprises in line with the guiding industry direction of the City for establishing industrial (technological) innovation centers at the provincial level or above. At most RMB 5,000,000 will be awarded, according to the operational performance, for setting up public technology service platforms at the municipal level or above in line with the guiding industry direction of the City. To those industries such as major landmark projects, key and core technical problem-solving, draft of international and domestic standards for key industries, significant merger and reorganization and major business model innovation “one solution for one case” is employed as a support to the industries or projects.
V. Emphasizing to cultivate innovative leading enterprises. Special projects of cultivation will be established for innovative enterprises, which are implemented in accurate classification strategies according to different growth stages of enterprises. Technology enterprises will gain support in start-up period by awarding the enterprises with all the tax that enterprises paid to the municipal government within three years from the profit-making year. Small and medium technology-based enterprises are in the need of cultivating and at most 10% inclusive awards will be given to the enterprises passing assessment according to the conditions of R&D costs of the enterprises. High-tech enterprises are supported to get full development, with award at most RMB 200,000 to the enterprises entering the municipal-level cultivation library, to those entering the provincial-level cultivation library more award in the proportion of 1:1 will be given according to the provincial support standard, and RMB 500,000 will be awarded to the enterprises being accredited as high-tech enterprises. Green pass and “one exclusive policy for an individual enterprise” are implemented for “gazelle enterprise”, “unicorn enterprises” and public listed enterprises to-be. R&D service enterprises will be offered preferential policies with reference to national policies for high-tech enterprises. Enterprises are encouraged to establish reserve fund system of R&D. The system of performance appraisal is encouraged to establish in R&D enterprises with an award of at most RMB 2,000,000. Enterprises to take the lead in setting up strategic alliance for national technology innovation are awarded RMB 2,000,000. Any acquisition or investment of R&D institutions overseas will be awarded at most RMB 5,000,000. Such expenses will be regarded as appraisal profits for state-owned enterprises as the technical R&D input, expenditure of acquisition of innovation resources, and three years’ losses in the period of cultivating innovation of transformation projects. The financial listing specifically designated from total wages is allowed for top talents’ remuneration, innovation awards and allowance for medium and long term. First purchase, first utilization and first protection is appreciated for innovative products.
VI. Sparing no effort to build a first-class science and technology industrial park. Encouraging a grouping, unique and innovative development of high-tech zones; increasing the proportion of leading industries in the park up to 60% or above, and incorporate it into the valuation system of high-tech zones. Municipal high-tech zones are constructed in a same standard as that of provincial high-tech zones, and matching the personnel rights, administrative rights and financial rights of the municipal high-tech zones with those of provincial high-tech zone. High-tech zones shall implement the negative list of industry access system, and refine the service functions of small and medium technology enterprises. Executing the one-stop service for inter-regional movement of high-tech enterprises, and coordinating tax policy of distributing it respectively to the relative districts. An award of at most RMB 5,000,000 will be given to those private management teams participating in the management of high-tech zones, according to the performance evaluation result. A construction subsidy of RMB 5,000,000 will be awarded to enterprises listed as provincial maker community pilot projects. The incubator, accelerator and maker space performance evaluation and reward system will be established. The proportion of 1:1 of the fund allocated for provincial projects will be granted the incubation program listed in at the provincial level or above. RMB 200,000 will be given to any carrier operating agency for each of its success in cultivation of a high-tech enterprise (including technology-advanced service enterprises) within the three-year incubation period. Universities and institutions are appreciated to work with enterprises in Nanjing to establish “technology innovation laboratories” for college students, and offering a reward of at most RMB 300,000 to each laboratory.
VII. Speeding up a new layout of innovation and entrepreneurship. High-tech zones will be focused as the main area for gathering the enterprises of innovation and forming a new layout of innovation in urban area. For the construction of major national science and technology infrastructure, national laboratories, national research centers and other platforms, land may be supplied by means of allocation in the same way as public welfare for scientific research institutions’. If land has to be supplied in the form of remising, the starting price may be no less than 20% of benchmark land price of a scientific research site in the same area. If a new R&D institution settles in the range of a high-tech zone, being accredited by a functional department of the municipal government, the starting price may be no less than 20% of benchmark land price of a regional scientific research site (but it shall not be less than the price stated in the corresponding National Minimum Price Standard for Remising of Industrial Land). Colleges are allowed to make use of stock land to build new R&D institutions, and the nature of land remains unchanged. If the new R&D institution settles in the surrounding of a college, the starting price of land remising may be no less than 50% of the benchmark land price of a regional scientific research site. If the stock land is used for industrial housing, it may be used for the original purpose for five years. And then it can last for another five years after assessment and recognition upon expiration of the above five-year transitional period. If the industrial land is needed by a scientific and technological achievements transformation and industrialization project accredited by a functional department of the municipal government to be in line with the leading industry direction of Nanjing and, the starting price may be determined to be no less than 70% of the price of a regional land as stated in National Minimum Price Standard for Remising of Industrial Land. For science and technology public service platforms built by state-owned platforms in high-tech zones, the land price should be 50% of the corresponding benchmark land price according to permission for land excision and remising. The proportion of excision and remising shall not exceed 50%, the proportion of transferable part to directly transferring part shall not exceed 30%. For the rest part, it is encouraged to lease at first to the leasing institutions or enterprises before indicators satisfy the designated requirements in the tax, employment, R&D input. The transfer formalities can be handled later when the needs are met. Supporting service facilities may be equipped with an area of no more than 15% of the total construction area of the project for new R&D institutions and science and technology public service platforms, and land is supplied as main uses for the supporting service facilities. It is not allowed divide or transfer the land in projects land with price preferential benefits mentioned above, except for the stipulated explicitly that can be. The houses constructed on it cannot be transferred or sold. If there are really remaining land and houses upon project completion and the transferee terminates the project and no longer needs land and houses, the park platform shall have priority to buy them back after taking into account the cost of capital according to the agreed price standard, and the remaining land and houses may be transferred to a qualified R&D institution or enterprise with the consent of the municipal government’s functional department.
VIII. Striving to build an international innovative and entrepreneurial talent highland. Widely gathering top science and technology experts, implementing “one solution for one case” “exclusive methods for individual cases” for high-end entrepreneurship and innovation teams or projects led by the world’s top talents with priority, and giving subsidies without limitation on amount. For enterprises rewarded in the provincial top talent top support program, those enterprises introducing talents will be subsidized at an amount of up to RMB 100 million in the proportion of 1:1. Carrying out the “345” overseas top talent introduction program, with a key focus on the introduction of 30 urgently-needed foreign experts, 40 overseas high-end innovation teams and construction of 50 overseas expert studios supporting flexible talent introduction within five years, at most RMB 5 million to employers will be subsided. The “Entrepreneurship Nanjing” elite program will be promoted continuously. A municipal scientific research fund will be established to young engineers to carry out technology R&D based on industrial and market needs. A fund called “technology innovation and entrepreneurship” will be set up for doctors and post doctors, at the same time, supporting enterprises to build national and provincial doctor workstations and municipal “candidate doctor workstations”. For young college students who are willing to set up businesses in Nanjing, a program called “Gathering in Nanjing” will be implemented for attracting more than 200 thousand college students to be employed or start up business in Nanjing each year, offering one-stop service and implementing employment and entrepreneurship support policies actively. Optimizing the residency policy for in-flow talents: those with master degrees or above and with bachelor degree under 40 years old can process residency affairs with their graduation certificates; technicians with technology and talents with technological skills can process residency affairs with their professional qualification certificates of senior engineer level or above. More financial support is added on top talents: those with annual income of more than RMB 500 thousand will be awarded such as relevant key personnel of new R&D institutions and high-tech enterprises, MTOs, talent agents and angel investors, according to their contributions to local economy. A market-oriented and socialized talent accreditation mechanism will be established: the “Talent Recommendation System” shall prevail. Leading talents from leading enterprises, new type R&D institutions, scientific and technological agencies and financial investors are advised to form a “Recommendation Committee”. The talents who have been recommended will be eligible to be granted with corresponding preferential policies. Simultaneously, a green pass is opened up for non-commonly accredited talents’ innovation and entrepreneurship in Nanjing. A talent housing policy system is developed that contains multiple house supply resources and multiple guarantee channels, as well as allows both leasing and purchasing simultaneously. Settlement guarantees for young college students and technology R&D talents etc. By means of lease subsidies, house purchase subsidies, and other incentives such as purchasing home with joint property rights, leasing talent apartments and public rental houses shall be provided. Encouraging universities with top ranking and top disciplines, and universities and institutions with remarkable achievements in promoting “two arrival for scientific and technological achievements projects and new Type R&D institutions, one coordination for colleges and local enterprises” to accelerate the construction of apartments for talents.
IX. Perfecting the scientific and technological finance service and financial support system. Angel investment and venture investment need to be attracted vigorously to settle down. At most RMB 15,000,000 will be awarded to angel investment and venture investment enterprises newly registered in Nanjing according to their scale of paid-up registered capital (more than RMB 10,000,000) and actually raised funds. The policy of “one solution for one case” may be implemented for major projects. Establishing the special award fund and risk compensation capital, according to the actual amount of investment and value of investment losses each year, an investment award of at most RMB 5,000,000 and a risk compensation of at most RMB 6,000,000 will be given respectively to each angle investment, venture investment enterprise, incubator and accelerator investing a technology enterprise at the seed stage or start-up stage in Nanjing. All kinds of social capital will be attracted widely to make up a variety of foundations through the government technology innovation foundation, and at most 50% of investment profit of the government technology innovation foundation is used to award talents (teams). And the stock right formed by participating in shareholding of angel investors can be transferred at original value to other shareholders and entrepreneurial teams of angel investors within 5 years. Management mechanism for the state-owned venture investment will be polished, and the qualified state-owned venture investment enterprise is encouraged to establish the follow-up investment mechanism and determine the appraisal target and corresponding remuneration payment level in a way of marketization. A valuation report is encouraged to use in state-owned asset evaluation in state-owned venture investment enterprise. Any economic behavior shall be decided by the enterprise’s board of shareholders, capital to investment projects will increase or decrease in non-proportional way for state-owned assets while there is no participating in capital, whether increase or decrease, of state-owned assets. Increasing financial input, within five years, the municipal or district financial department shall arrange a special fund of at least RMB 10 billion and establish a technology innovation foundation of RMB 10 billion subject to marketization operation, to support mainly national key technology innovation platforms and major science and technology projects, “two arrival for scientific and technological achievements projects and new R&D institutions, one coordination for colleges and local enterprises”, cultivation of innovative industries and enterprises, construction park carriers and innovation space, talent introduction and cultivation, congregating of social venture investment institutions and building innovation environment.
X. Creating a good open and comfortable environment. A city with the best internationalized atmosphere, international schools and communities, a green pass for talents’ health, and the international medical service system are the main concerning factors in building Nanjing. The “Win in Nanjing” series international innovation and entrepreneurship activities will be held, At most RMB 1,000,000 will be awarded to the project winning an award and settling in the City. For wining projects settled in high-tech zones some aids will be offered with investment through the government technology innovation foundation, with the risk tolerance mechanism. The foreign investment market access field will be further broadened with more convenient and efficient services. Declaration formalities will be simplified for pretax deduction of enterprises’ R&D costs with the tax service efficiency. International technology innovation organizations are welcome to set up headquarters and branches in Nanjing with an award of at most RMB 1,000,000 in one lump sum. Colleges and institutions, social organizations are expected to collaborated with international organizations to establish the International Science and Technology Innovation Alliance and the cluster of international science and technology innovation organizations. Nanjing, as a national internet backbone direct connection points, will be upgraded and optimized into a city with the fastest information exchange, and the construction for network edge intelligent is promoted. Advance free and full WiFi coverage is being built in public key places, parks, colleges and other public areas, to strive to be one of the first cities deploying 5G commercial network all over the country and an international advanced future network innovation base and industrial highland. Intellectual property is reinforced powerfully with a high-level, to establish the China (Nanjing) Intellectual Property Protection Center with a patent pre-reviewer system. A risk subsidy of 2% of the actual amount of financing is offered to financial institutions providing patent and other intellectual property pledge financing. RMB 10,000,000 will be provided to support the intellectual property service cluster at the provincial level or above. Notary organizations in Nanjing are required to expand the intellectual property-related notarization service. A quick response mechanism will be established for investigation of intellectual property rights infringement and also accusation system for the intellectual property rights violation and infringement. A certain award will be offered to the complainant or reporter if the violation or infringement is verified. The judicial protection function of an intellectual property rights court will be perfected. Authorized invention patents and PCT patents will be awarded. Nanjing is going to be built the most compatible city for innovation in cultural diversity. An award named as“Innovation of Nanjing”will be set up to accomplish companies and individuals that make outstanding contributions in innovation. Innovative entrepreneurs are appreciated and schedules will be worked out to have them trained. Mechanism of due diligence and liability exemption will be established and perfected. A “red and black” list system is expected to set up to strengthen credit motivation and restriction and create a better innovation credit environment.
In order to thoroughly implement Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era and the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, execute the initiative made by the CPC Jiangsu Provincial Committee for leading the nation in achieving high-quality development and the "121" strategy made by the CPC Nanjing Municipal Committee for innovation-driven development, focus on innovation with market-oriented, higher-end, internationalized, integrated, clustering, and rule-of-law features, adhere to strategic guidance, strengthen the driving force for reform, remove institutional obstacles, structural contradictions and policy issues for innovation-based development, and to deepen the building of a famous innovative city, the following policies and measures are hereby promulgated on the basis of continuous implementation of Several Policies and Measures on Building Famous Innovative City with Global Impact (NWF  No. 1).
1. Building "Scientific Innovation Enterprise Forests". Nanjing will implement a three-year enterprise-multiplication plan tobuild more innovative leading enterprises. It will intensify the efforts on cultivating and introducing high-tech and new-tech enterprises by offering technology-based small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that have entered the provincial collection of high-tech and new-tech enterprises a one-time reward in the amount of 10% of the previous year's research and development expenses of the enterprise as recognized by the municipal taxation authorities on the basis of weighted tax deduction for R&D expenses. For the technologically advanced service enterprises identified by the provincial authorities, a one-time reward of RMB 500,000 yuan will be given. The city will make full use of Shanghai Science and Technology Innovation Board to build a group of high-growth enterprises such as Gazelle Enterprises. Enterprises listed on the Science and Technology Innovation Boardwill be given a one-time grant of RMB 3 million yuan. The promotion and recommendation catalogue of innovative products willbe improved to optimize the types and quantities of innovative products included in the catalogue, and to provide certain amount of risk compensation and premium subsidies for purchasers of the innovative products in the catalogue, so as to increase the promotion and demonstration of such produces within the Nanjing Metropolitan Area. The city will encourage large and medium-sized enterprises and SMEs as well as micro enterprises with science and technology features to form a consortium to participate in government procurement of innovative products. The joint agreement stipulates that in the event that the contract payment for products from SMEs and micro enterprises account for more than 30% of the total contract payment of the consortium agreement, 2% - 3% of the price can be deducted for the consortium. When the enterprise is approved to be national or provincial R&D platform, one-time reward of RMB 2 million yuanor RMB 1 million yuan will be awarded respectively. For the start-up science and technology enterprises, "innovation vouchers" will be given on an all-covering basis for the purchase of inspection and testing, technical certification, qualification certification and other services.
2. Broadening the financing channels for enterprises. The first phase of the industry merger and acquisition fund of RMB 1 billion yuan will be set up to support enterprises in increasing their M&A efforts to be stronger and larger entities. The registered capital of Nanjing Zijin Financing Guarantee Co., Ltd. will be increased toRMB 1 billion yuan, so as to increase the financing guarantee ability for science and technology enterprises, and to guide banks to increase the scale of credit loans for science and technology SMEs. The role of the city's science and technology innovation fund will be maximized to establish subordinate levelAngel Fund in collaboration with corporate funds and social capital. It can provide credit support for fund management institutions to raise funds by making initial investment. For qualified natural persons giving Angel Fund support for small and micro enterprises, they are eligible for a reward amounting to 5% of their annual investment in Nanjing with a maximum of RMB 2 million yuan. A risk compensation mechanism will be in place. Insurance funds will be supported to participate in innovation and entrepreneurship, with 50% of insurance premium subsidy offered to start-up and growing science and technology enterprises that have purchased loan guarantee insurance. 1.5% subsidy will be given to insurance companies undertaking pilot programs according to the size of the newly added guarantee insurance for expanding loans in the same year. Credit rating agencies with higher market credibility will be introduced; municipal-level credit rating agencies will be established to provide credit support for corporate financing.
3. Enabling enterprises to gather and retain talents. Centering on various municipal-level talent plans for industrial development, the original talent reviewing system will be gradually shifted to a comprehensive evaluation system mainly based on corporate compensation, venture capital investment, operational performance, famous list of best practices, and expert recommendations. Rewards for economic contribution made by higher-level talents will be expanded to cover science and technology enterprises. Enterprises are supported to set up academician workstations, expert studios and other talent positions to focus more on key and core technology researches, and make more efforts to introduce higher-level innovation teams, with a maximum one-time grant of RMB 3 million yuan. Support will be increased for "middle-level" talents by optimizing the chain of training for young and middle-aged talents in enterprises, andby increasing the coverage and scale of support on an annual basis. The housing subsidy for talents with doctoral degrees will be increased to RMB 2,000 yuan per month. There will be more housing support for talents by implementing the "rental first, purchase later, or rental-purchase combination" practice to allow qualified talents who have rented the housing for five years to make purchases.
4. Building professional service system. Scientific and technical personnel from universities and other public institutions can set up new types of technology transfer service organizations with individual persons (teams) asmajor shareholders. A maximum of one-time grant of RMB 300,000 yuan can be given after filing for approval. It is encouraged to establish technical broker firms. For the scientific and technological achievements transferred or industrialized in Nanjing, a maximum of 5% of the actual turnover of the technical contract can be used as reward for the receiver of the transfer, and 1% for the transfer broker. Cultivating base for the backbone science and technology service providers will be built, and qualified institutions will be rewarded for their performances. Exploration will be made to find the new types of services suitable for different industries, such as tax collection and management, social security collection, market supervision and access control. Priority will be given to the building of a number of platform-based technology service enterprises. To promote the higher-end development of science and technology service industry, the eligible service items with higher degree of specialization and continuity of service consistency, with a purchase less than RMB 2 million yuan,can be purchased from a single source. A maximum of one-time grant of RMB 5 million yuan will be offered to the accredited science and technology service industry clusters and characteristic bases at or above provincial level. Support will be given to the establishment of the Nanjing Federation of Innovation Service Industry.
5. Implementing industrial landmark action plan on a higher vantage point. Focusing on the "4+4+1" leading direction of industrial development, the advantages of differentiation will be highlighted. The deep integration of advanced manufacturing and modern service industries will be accelerated, with focuson building industrial clusters of artificial intelligence, integrated circuits, new energy vehicles, etc., and striving to build independent and controllable industrial supporting system. For major industrial projects with newly introduced investment exceeding RMB 2.5 billionyuan, the"one case, one solution" approach will be adopted to give priority support in terms of land use, talents, funds and other key factors. The land area and construction area of administrative offices and living service facilities may be increased if considered as appropriate by the municipal government. For national and provincial manufacturing innovation centers and industrial design centers, the supporting fund can be given on the 1:1 ratio in accordance with the funds allocated. The municipal-level investment reward and compensation fund for improving enterprises’ technology equipment will be put in place to support enterprises in making major common –meta-technology applications, technological renovations, equipment upgrades, and purchasing digital and intelligent equipment. The development strategy for the Yangtze River Economic Belt will be implemented to support the transformation of the "two steel-producing enterprises and the two chemical-producing enterprises", and to continuously cultivate new industrial economic growth points.
6. Starting major and special science and technology projects at a higher level. By focusing on the industry's frontier fields, the city will endeavor to strengthen the research and development of key and core technologies in the industry, produce a number of original and iconic scientific and technological innovations, and to seize the commanding heights in industrial and technological competition. The city will support industry leaders and key enterprises to propose demands for major frontier technology and organize joint research programs by giving them funding amounting to 20% of their total investment with a maximum of RMB 10 million yuan. By striving to be included in the provincial plans, the city is exploring how to establish direct investment mechanism for municipal science and technology innovation funds. For enterprises undertaking or participating in major original research projects at the province level, they will receive 1:1 supporting funds in accordance withthe provincial finance.
7. Building major R&D platforms with higher standards. By focusing on industrial landmarks, the city will explore how to build Industrial Collaboration and Innovation Academy, strengthen interdisciplinary cooperation and personnel training, and provide a maximum of RMB 5 million yuan in support based on its performance. The city will focus on the national development strategy and major demands, strengthen the top-players’coupling, and offer a maximum of RMB 30 million yuan during the cultivating period to candidate projects topping the list of national key science and technology infrastructure projects for the 13th and 14th Five-year Plan period. The city will accelerate the construction of future network testing facilities, launch and implement a number of application demonstration projects, and promote the application of future networks in the field of industrial Internet. It will promote the building of Purple Mountain Laboratory for Network Communication and Security, explore the operational mode for leading enterprises to make preemptive participation in research and development, and establish a management system for "special zone for scientific research"based on market operation. The city will be among the first to set up specialized industrial technology research institutes in the field of environmental protection, so as to support the building of the Yangtze River Ecological Civilization Innovation Center, and strive to build a national-level innovation center integrating scientific research, engineering and industrialization. The state-level clinical medical research centers in the cultivation process will receive a maximum of RMB 10 million yuan in three years.
8. Developing new research and development institutions with higher quality. The city will support new R&D institutions to employ professional managers, who are eligible for performance rewarding with returns generated from state-owned platform shareholding. The Municipal Science and Technology Innovation Fund supports new R&D institutions to establish sub-funds to accelerate the incubation of technology enterprises and the transformation of research achievements. The city supports leading enterprises to take leading position in the building of new R&D institutions; the participating parties negotiate to determine the shareholding ratio. The city supports the development of clustering of new R&D institutions, closely follow the key directions of industrial landmarks, set up industrial technology research institutes in specialized fields, organize common-core technical research and industrial strategy consultation services, and build public technology service platforms, engineering research platforms and proof-of-concept centers. According to the annual performance evaluation, a maximum of RMB 5 million yuan will be offered as support. The city will facilitate the combination between new R&D institutions and professional technology trading platforms. It supports the new R&D institutions to establish close cooperative relations with the top-notch disciplines of supporting organizations, so as to enhance the application of basic research and development capabilities and the supply of original technology, allowing them to become important platforms for talent training and technological transfer. The city will guide high-tech industrial parks to focus on new R&D institutions, vigorously attract industry-chain-related enterprises, gather alumni and other resources, and accelerate the formation of special industrial innovation clusters. The city will optimize the performance evaluation mechanism of new R&D institutions, focus on evaluating the number of incubation of technology-based enterprises and high-tech enterprises, the effectiveness of R&D services, and the volume of technology transfer. The relevant support policies are linked to these evaluation results.
9. Implementinginternational innovation cooperation programs. The city will set up intergovernmental research and development cooperation funds, establish catalogue of international innovation cooperation programs, strive to establish cooperative innovation parks with partners countries or regions, support high-tech parks to build overseas collaborative innovation centers, and strengthen innovative cooperation with important overseas innovation organizations, major countries and portal cities. The city will participate in activities of international organizations such as the World Federation of Science and Technology Cities, and strive to join more international innovation organizations to facilitate cooperation among different cities. Enterprises and new R&D institutions will be supported to join international organizations dedicated to international scientific research, international industrial technology research and development, and international standards development. A maximum of one-time grant of RMB 500,000 yuanwill be provided for higher-level academic conference organized by international organizations in Nanjing; if the eventis regularly or permanently held in Nanjing, within the first three years of operation, the city will cover 30% of the expenditure without exceeding the maximum of RMB 500,000 yuanfor each year; for enterprises or social organizations that undertake the work of the secretariat of the innovation-orientedinternational organization committee, the secretariat of the sub-level technical committee or the working group,they will receive a maximum one-time grant of RMB 1 million yuan, RMB 800,000 yuanor RMB 500,000 yuan respectively. The city will increase the support for offshore technology business incubators, and provide one-time reward ofRMB 1 million yuanmaximumbased on performances in running business and recruiting talents in Nanjing. The city willactively seek for support fromChina’s overseas institutions and overseas Chinese community to help enterprises gather overseas innovative resources. The city will respond to and implement the national "Belt and Road" Initiative to makeaction plans for scientific and technological innovation cooperation, set up supporting project funds, and build international innovation cooperation centers. An international innovation advisory system shall be put in place. The city will organize Nanjing Innovation Week events to build an international outreach platform for acquiring comprehensive innovation resources.
10. Strengthening the support with international conditions. The city will guide enterprises and other market entities to actively adapt to international rules and standards, and improve local laws and governmental rules and regulations in line with international practices. The hospitals that implement direct settlement operations using international commercial insurance policies will be given subsidies amounting to 50% of the overseas certification fees. Qualified hospitals can be included into medical service units for international talents. In the city's third-grade class-A hospitals and other qualified institutions,the city will gradually establish bilingual call centers medical treatment centers and other service centers. In areas where conditions permit, the city will raise funds for international talents’ housing through market-based deposit. The city will carry out "one-card" pilot program for foreign talent services, and establish special channels for housing, school enrollment and health care services. For those who meet the criteria for the identification of higher-level foreign talents in Jiangsu Province and their families, they can apply for permanent residence ID, and the reviewing process by municipal authorities shall not exceed 20 working days. The city will coordinate and optimize the direct investment foreign exchange registration procedures with banking and financial institutions, and promote the facilitation for overseas direct investment by enterprises that truly comply with relevant laws and regulations. The city will establish a comprehensive service platform for overseas students, support and encourage foreign students in Nanjing to innovate and start businesses. The city will promote the experience of reform program of the Pilot Free Trade Zone, and comprehensively apply innovation results such as supervision system, customs clearance, talent mechanism, investment and trade policies to create business environmentfeaturing internationalization, rule of law, and convenience.
11. Promoting regional innovation integration. Nanjing willimplement the Yangtze River Delta integration strategy, actively participate in the building of innovation network for Yangtze River Delta urban agglomeration, vigorously promote the inter-city innovative resources sharing; actively promote the building of G42 innovation corridor, create a gathering vantage point for new industries and new business models; accelerate the promotion of innovative service integration, achieve comprehensive collection of credit information, and break regional management restrictions. The city will accelerate the integration of the Nanjing Metropolitan Area, and promote the inter-city coordinated purchase and subsidy for independently developed innovative products. Nanjing will support Jiangbei New Area to focus on the strategic orientation of "Three Districts and One Platform" and the development orientation of "Two cities and One Center", actively implement and seek for various national and provincial pilot policies, try new approaches in the areas of intellectual property protection and new R&D institutions, and strive to build major science and technology platforms at or above provincial level. It willaccelerate the building of the core area of the National Independent Innovation Demonstration Zone in Southern Jiangsu, explore how to deepen the reform of the science and technology system, how to build new scientific research institutions, how to achieve open and shared scientific and technological resources, and how to coordinate regional innovation efforts, build a national "innovation test field", and create globalized collaborative innovation"highland" with international competitiveness.
12. Promotingin-depth integration between universities and local government. Nanjing will encourage the cooperation between different universities, between universities and research institutions, and between universities and enterprises in areas of top-notch disciplines, talent training, and sharing of scientific research equipment, so as to achieve integration of resources, superposition of advantages, and coordinated innovation in Nanjing. The city will encourage universities and enterprises to jointly set up talent customization laboratories, establish a new educational mechanism for undergraduates and graduate students in the "3+1" or "2+1" modes, where the enterprises participate in offering curriculum for the last academic year to train talents urgently demanded by the industry. Nanjing will vigorously develop the "Alumni Economy", establish Nanjing Alliance of Alumni Associations, and support the exchange and cooperation platform for famous universities at home and abroad in the building of "Alumni Home" in Nanjing. The city will promote the joint effort in building talent recruitment network by high-tech parks in Nanjing in conjunction with alumni organizations of domestic universities and overseas student organizations in world-famous universities around the world. Based on the performance of talent recruitment, a maximum of RMB 500,000 yuan will be given as incentive reward. Nanjing will support universities to establish alumni development funds, and carry out "Alumni Investment" programs and other services.
13. Promotingintegration between military and civilian organizations. Nanjing will accelerate the military-civilian integration and coordinated innovation, and give priority support in project landing and filing approval to new R&D institutions that are in line with the development direction of military-civilian integration. The city will promote the development of clustering for military and civilian dual-use industries. For the relevant districts (parks) that have obtained status of military-civilian integration innovation demonstration zones and military-civilian integration industry demonstration bases at or above provincial level, a maximum one-time support of RMB 2 million yuan will be given. Nanjing will encourage enterprises to obtain relevant qualifications for research and production of military products, and reward RMB 300,000 yuan on a one-time basis for each newly qualified enterprise. The city will encourage private enterprises to participate in military R&D and production and major technical support for the military. For enterprises that provide key and core technologies, independent and controllable products, and major technical services for the military, they will receive a reward amounting to 10% of the equipment development project contract (maximum RMB 3 million yuan) or 2% of contract payment for major technical service procurement projects (maximum RMB 1 million yuan). For major demonstration projects of military-civilian integration supported at state or provincial level, a maximum of RMB 2 million yuanor RMB 1 million yuan will be provided as supporting funds.
14. Reforming the operational mechanism of the high-tech parks. Nanjing will establish new management system for "One Zone and Multiple Parks" in Nanjing High-tech Zone, and implement unified policies, management standards and statistical systems. It will give the high-tech park the same economic management authority as authorized to local administrations. The city will study and formulate relevant policies and measures to promote the building of partner parks. A unified system will be established for the park to conduct investment reviewing meetings and share benefits. The city will intensify the assessment of R&D investment, higher-level business cultivation, higher-level investment and output, invention patents, etc., and put in place an assessment system that is conducive to the industrial agglomeration and characteristic development of the park. The city will promote the reform of the personnel employment system for high-tech parks, try the new practice of separating cadre level from employment position, separating filed salary from actual compensations, and separating cadre personnel file management from contract employment management, and realize the alignment between salary and performance targets. Nanjing willsupport the building of national-level agricultural high-tech industry demonstration zones andnational-level "Agricultural Innovation Parks", where policies can be made for individual cases. The city willincrease support for strategic science and technology projects in the rural revitalization programs.
15. Improving the quality of the building of innovation and entrepreneurship carriers. Nanjing willpromote the transformation of state-owned technology business incubators and accelerators, introduce social capital and market operations, and strengthen the investment function of incubators and accelerators. It will encourage enterprises and venture capital institutions to establish and operate specialized incubators, accelerators, and crowd-innovation space, and accelerate the introduction and construction of international technology business incubators. The city will explore how to jointly establish business incubator funds by combining municipal industrial funds, technical innovation funds and incubator funds, and how to improve the operation mode of "incubation + venture capital". For companies identified as "Gazelles" during the incubation period, the incubator carrier is rewarded RMB 200,000 yuanfor each successful case. Nanjing will establish a follow-up rewarding system for cultivating "Gazelle"enterprises. For enterprises recognized as "Gazelles" within 3 years after graduation and at least 1 year in incubator, the incubator carrier will be rewarded with RMB 200,000 yuan for each successful case; for listed enterprises recognized as "Gazelles" within 5 years after graduation and at least 1 year in incubator, the incubator carrier will be rewarded with RMB 300,000 yuan for each successful case. For national or provincial innovation and entrepreneurship demonstration bases, a reward of RMB 2 million yuanmaximum will be given based on performances.
16. Building urban"Silicon Alleys". Nanjing will vigorously develop the "Silicon Alley Economy", tap potential from lower-efficiency carriers and lower-efficiency areas to innovate the urban industrial economic development model. It will encourage qualified districts to use the available land around the universities in city proper to build special innovation neighborhood together with universities featuring scientific and technological innovation and cultural creativity, promote the transformation and upgrading of the lower-efficiency carriers in the neighborhood, and plan for lifestyle servicesalong the alleys in line with the needs of innovation and entrepreneurship. Nanjing will support universities to use the available buildings on their old campus and locations as well as university science parks to conduct innovative and entrepreneurial business activities; the annual rental of land use can be reduced or exempted. Nanjing will unify the benchmark land price policy for scientific research land use in municipal high-tech parks. When the incubators built for high-tech parks (platforms) plan to introduce incubation projects without changing the purposes of the incubator, the location can be leased or transferred upon approval as a whole building, a whole floor or as an individual room. Nanjing will further explore new industrial land use policies, support multi-dimensional development and comprehensive utilization, promote the integration of manufacturers and the city, revitalize lower-efficiency industrial land, develop emerging industries, and build innovative carriers.
17. Creating a social atmosphere that inspires innovation. Nanjing will give full play to the guiding role of government funds, reform and establish a science and technology planning system that is compatible with the building of famous innovative city. It will develop comprehensive services for intellectual property protection, and introduce international intellectual property service agencies. IPR assistance funds will be set up to strengthen the centralized jurisdiction of intellectual property across regions. The city will accelerate the implementation of pilot programs for national intellectual property operation service system, and provide 1:1 supporting funds in accordance with the national allocation. It will comprehensively improve the efficiency of registration of chattel mortgage, equity and trademark rights pledge, and facilitate the quick financing for enterprises. Nanjing will coordinate and integrate different types of innovation and entrepreneurship competitions in the city, build the brand of "Winning in Nanjing" entrepreneurial competition, and set up a competition fund with social capital to support the winning projects. It will implement the culture, science and technology integration and upgrading plan to create a new model of "culture + technology" development in Nanjing. It will also develop the model of "Internet + innovation culture", reform publicity channels, so that the city's public advertising for building famous innovative city will be at or above 30% of the total volume of public advertising. Nanjing will plan and build the Nanjing Science and Technology Innovation Museum, which will be a new landmark of Nanjing's innovative culture.
18. Strengthening the institutional guarantee featuring tolerance for failures. The city will strengthenfinancial support for the failure tolerance, improve assessment mechanism, and mainly evaluate the scale of social capital investment and the number of investment projects in Nanjing in terms of sub-level Angel Fund and Angel Fund projects with state-owned venture capital investment. The city will provide financial services featuring failure tolerance, encourage financial institutions to appropriately raise the tolerance level for non-performing loan ratios for technology-based SMEs, and to implement differentiated credit management. The city will establish failure-tolerating performance evaluation system to highlight the orientation of incentives for entrepreneurship. In the event of certaindeviations or mistakes in the process of reform and innovation, if there is no evidence of violation of CPC rules and disciplines or violation of laws and regulations, and if the responsible person or entity shows due diligence and timely correction with no personal interests involved, no negative evaluation shall be given, and the person or entity can be exempt from accountability, or handled with lighter penalty. The city will improve the credit support system, embed credit management tools in all aspects of administrative management and public services, increase the effort of joint credit rewards and punishments, promote the application of big data technology in credit analysis, and encourage integrity and diligent performance by means of credit constraints.